“Tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today.”
Leadership is a journey which never ends. The Leaders of Tomorrow curriculum is designed to equip leaders with the tools and resources necessary to direct their leadership journey through thoughtfulness, opportunity, practice and intention.
The program is 5 sessions over 5 months. With the same participants attending each session, we build a connection that will serve you well into the future. We learn together, about each other and can support each other on our continued journeys. These are people who will understand the concepts you are building, speak the same language of growth and rise into the future with you. There’s no better way to learn than with a group!
What to Expect
- Expect to engage with the facilitators and fellow participants. This is ACTIVE learning!
- Expect to think outside of class and be challenged.
- Expect to apply what you’ve learned.
- Expect to be changed.
- Expect to grow.
We meet the 2nd Tuesday of each month Jan-May from 1-4:30 p.m. at the College Center.
You’ll Learn About
- Session #1: YOURSELF – Learn how to utilize information from personal assessments, how to get real feedback from others and how to use this information to create your own development plans
- Session #2: OPPORTUNITIES – Leadership is best developed by practicing. Learn how to seek out leadership opportunities, how to mentor and be mentored, how to set goals to guide your commitments.
- Session #3: CONFIDENT COMMUNICATION – Listening has tremendous power, learn how listening, communicating with tact and being assertive set you apart as a leader.
- Session #4: CONFLICT RESOLUTION – Conflict is not inherently bad – learn how to use questions to solve conflict, identify root causes and problem solve in a way that drives growth.
- Session #5: SUPERVISORY SKILLS – Whether you are in a paid supervisory position or not the skills of delegation, time management and giving feedback are important for leading.
The program has limited seats available on a first-come basis. Tuition for the program is $275 per participant and is payable to the South Sioux City Chamber of Commerce. Contact Dr. Cynthia Hanson at 402-241-6105 or the Chamber office at 402-494-1626 with questions or to sign up.