Economic Development Contacts
South Sioux City, NE
Economic Development Director - 402-494-9407
1615 1st Ave.
South Sioux City, NE 68776
The City of South Sioux City Nebraska welcomes you please take a look at what we have to offer. Our All American City is extremely proud of our economic development program that has led to over $700 million in private investments and, 850 jobs announced in the last 30 months alone. South Sioux City is a very proud and aggressive community that is continually upgrading our infrastructure to meet and exceed the future needs of our community and aid in the success of our existing businesses as well. We feel our Roth Industrial Park located directly on a four lane major highway and located only one mile from Interstate I-29 will fit all your industrial needs as well as a safe community for you and your employees to live, work and play. Our locations are completely flat with all utilities in place, very short permitting process and a speedy can do attitude. We now have in excess of well over 500 acres of industrial ground to choose from that has always been historically green fields. Our newest edition is the Cardinal Data Park. This area is ready now with over 250 acres for future data clients and will have a new "state of the art" and secure fiber hotel to be located at the park's main entrance. We look forward to hearing from you soon and please contact our community with any future information you may need.
The Siouxland Initiative
Christopher J. McGowan, President, The Siouxland Initiative
712-255-7903 X215 email@example.com
Barbara Sloniker , Executive Vice President, The Siouxland Initiative
712-255-7903 x216 firstname.lastname@example.org
In 1988, local community and business leaders formed The Siouxland Initiative (TSI) to stimulate economic growth in the tri-state region. Three fund drives over the past ten years have raised nearly 9 million dollars from Siouxland communities and corporations to support the programs and staffing of TSI. The Siouxland Chamber of Commerce is responsible for administering the activities of the Initiative.
The primary functions of TSI are:
- Attraction of businesses to Siouxland
- Growth and retention of Siouxland business
- Expansion of the Siouxland labor force
- Development of industrial parks and speculative buildings
- Attraction of additional air service
- Development of community projects that enhance the quality of life
The Siouxland Initiative provides the following services to companies looking to expand:
- Research - compilation of information on the Siouxland area
- Consulting - confidential consulting services to assit companies in their assessment of Siouxland area
- Loans - providing low interest loans to companies locating or expanding in Siouxland
- Incentive Packages - development of financial incentive packages utilizing economic incentives available from the tri-states and Sioux City, South Sioux City, and North Sioux City.